So today is August 1. The HBO Now App on my Fire TV has disappeared,
replaced with an App Titled HBO, as Joe predicted. However, when I click on
it, it still opens HBOMax, with all of their extra content (which I have a
right to access via my HBO subscription on Xfinity).

Now, this is what I was told would happen when I side loaded HBO Max, that
the Max App itself would not not show on the Fire TV menu, but that I would
still be able to access the Max content, once I registered  through my
Cable provider. So far, on day one, it does seem possible to bypass
Amazon’s black out on HBO Max. We shall see what happens as the month
progresses.

Sent from Gmail Mobile