Episode 2: Oh brother...

I will inhibit a play by play, but will just repeat that I don’t know if
Woody Allen sexually abused his 7-year old adopted daughter, but, based on
the HBO series so far, neither does anybody else. Nothing in the second
episode can be considered reliable evidence of abuse (although with Carly
Simon they really brought out the big guns).

But wait, that’s not really true. More precisely, the second episode is
full of evidence that young Dylan was abused, but there is no way to tell
if it was sexual abuse by her father or psychological abuse by her mother.

Even that is not quite right, because even if Allen did what he is accused
of, what Mia did (videotaping her 7 year old daughter repeatedly in intense
interviews with leading questions (and its clear from the Gaithersburg
questions and the girls answers these have been rehearsed many times prior
to what we are seeing) is harmful, both psychologically and legally.

So, what I take away, is she was abused by her mother, and may or may not
have been abused by her father.

Sent from Gmail Mobile