On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Ed Finkler <funkat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Whether its writing books or developing applications, it's typically
> bad form to assume your own experience mirrors others' experience when
> doing a similar type of activity. Generally leads to incorrect
> assumptions.
>
> If you don't like what your application does, or find it hard to do
> what you want, I might also suggest that you developed your
> application at the wrong time. Making financial commitments that rely
> on a service which you have no agreement to level or service seems
> like a bad idea.

So I guess all us developers just give up? The fact is plain text passwords
are part of the API, and the only way to write apps. Twitter hasn't removed
that from the API, so it's the only way to write apps right now. People
aren't going to stop doing that, and that's a huge issue.

It's very easy to do what I want to do. I like what my application does. I
don't like how Twitter is making me do it though. I'm up for a boycott if
you can convince my competitors to do so as well - good luck with that.

Jesse