On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Chris Messina <chris.mess...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Jan 2, 11:06 am, "Jesse Stay" <jesses...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > It's true, OAuth doesn't really solve this problem, but the general
> public
> > thinks it does.
>
> Actually, it does.
>
> With OAuth you can turn off a particular token, blocking a *specific*
> application (i.e. Twply).
>
> It doesn't prevent bad actors from behaving badly, but it does given
> provide a pathway to give users more control over third-party access
> to their account.

Well put Chris - I had forgotten about that.  I just want something - I
don't care what, but I need it soon, as it's starting to make it really
difficult to market my App and keep users feeling secure.  I *hate* knowing
my users Twitter passwords (I have over 5,000 of them - it's really scary
that I do).  I sincerely hope this is top priority for Twitter right now -
it should have been implemented last year so long as they have an API in
place.  On my App, it took about 2 hours max to write, test, and implement a
very simple API key system like this for the API I'm providing. I don't get
why it's taking Twitter so long.

Jesse