Ninjamonk, I second what you are asking for here: a search API
addition to allow ids as valid queries.

In my code, I represent users by their static ids rather than their
screen_names but when doing a search I have to convert back. It would
be nice to have the flexability to do search through both user id and
user screen name.

Does anyone else see a need here?

@dougw