From: twitter-development-talk@googlegroups.com
[mailto:twitter-development-t...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Peter Denton
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 2:35 PM
To: twitter-development-talk@googlegroups.com
Subject: [twitter-dev] API Developers Alliance

There is a lot of ambiguity up in the air, about api devs (third party) and
the future of the api and twitter. Apps are a huge growth vehicle and a very
significant piece of the future, getting the Twitter medium a global
behavior.

I believe there should be a formal alliance of third party developers to
ensure that Apps have rights. The ambiguity around "down the road, if and
when" scenarios, leave many investors weary, teams unformed, and products
unbuilt because at the end of the day, people have to consider a massive
acquisition or change where suddenly apps are crushed by the parent. Twitter
is not facebook and potential for sustainable/profitable products and
services around this medium are real. If you don't agree, that's fine. I am
seeking those who believe this and want to address this.

This is not meant to be a big, serious thing. This is meant to be an action
item to those who want a developer bill of rights to happen, with
input/voice from an organized approach, and want to create some level of
insurance, to go out to investors/partners with an approach.

If anyone would like to discuss this, please let me know off the list. I am
not trying to irritate people, just gauge people's interest.

Regards
Peter