> Lastly, I don't feel that I, or my App, have rights to access Twitter's
> API.  It's their system, my access is a privilege.

They must in order for any app of significant size to exist.  To
reiterate others in this thread, Twitter does a great job.

I think the alliance is a bit unrealistic (though interesting).  I
would like to see a developer bill of rights which is officially
backed by Twitter and made public.  They could of course change this
as they feel necessary but once it's publicly disclosed then everyone
is on the same page as to what they can and should expect.

As a developer one of my primary concerns if that Twitter creates or
modifies a policy which only has an implicit guideline.  That's easy
to do and could cause harm to developers that have invested a lot of
time.  This would, in the long run, wind up resulting in a crappy
developer community (ala Facebook).

I would also like to see on the bill of rights a list of rights
reserved for Twitter.  They're ultimately in control and have the most
at stake.

I trust the Twitter team as much as the rest of us on this list but I
would like to see some sort of commitment for long term behavior if
possible.

Thanks for starting the thread Peter.

Jaisen