I'm absolutely in favor of the community surfacing its own take on the "Bill
of Rights" concept. We have a draft here at Twitter, but it's been difficult
to make the time to work on it, particularly when I imagine your collective
first priority is that we fix bugs and work on stability.
Though access to the Twitter API is a privilege and not a right, we'd like
to codify what every developer should be entitled to when working with our
platform. If you have thoughts about that, please put them together and make
them available for collaborative editing.

--
Alex Payne - Platform Lead, Twitter, Inc.
http://twitter.com/al3x