Access Tokens, in Twitter's case, do not expire. According to the OAuth
spec, they MAY expire, but do not have to. In Twitter's case, it seems they
have decided to keep an access token valid until the access granted by said
token is explicitly revoked by the user. Fetching a new access token in
every session is not performant, and would require the user to approve
access every time they signed in to your app.

--
Internets. Serious business.