Ed,

I don't have an issue with the size, placing, or color of the #DickBar
box. I have an issue with the fact that it shoves stuff in my face
that is of absolutely no interest to me.

Google got ads right. When your search results include a list of news
articles about the Japan earthquake, they don't show ads next to them
that yell, "#WHATNOTTOSAYTOAFATWOMAN".