I don't know what "it's not a good business to be in" means. Ryan has been
posting this statement numerous times on his Twitter account as well.

Is Twitter saying "We believe that a Twitter client will not make a lot of
money. Go ahead and try but don't say we didn't tell you so if you make no
money."? Or are you saying "Don't go into the Twitter client business
because we may shut you down at will for any reason"?

The other statement I keep seeing is that we'll be held to a "higher bar".
What does that mean? Does it mean new Twitter clients might be rejected the
way Apple rejects new apps? Could existing apps be shut down because they
fall beneath this "bar"? Will we be getting any documentation specifically
telling us what the criteria are? Will Twitter be doing this for all
clients, or just clients that exist on the same platform as an "official"
app (iPhone, Android, etc)?  What about clients that don't exist as part of
a business, such as open source apps?

-Costa