> > If so it's my end ;( Where can I find infos, please?
> > Btw: Wilfried's class isn't an interactive service by default.
>
> I've read it a few times on the borland.delphi newsgroups.
> For what I remember, Vista will have a much stronger security and for
> that it wont allow any kind of direct interaction with a service.
> So communication has to go thru other IPC's like pipes, mailslots.
> Tcp ...

There is nothing complicated about messages in most services
applications.

The standard Borland service unit runs a perfectly normal application
message pump, and you can drop event drive components like ICS, timers,
etc, onto the form and they just work, and you can post message to the
form handle.

I've used Wilfried's class for a recent project upgrade to avoid
maintaining two separate applications.  I did change it slightly since I
don't want services running interactively, or at least I now have the
same application running in the service and visible windows
communicating with wsocket and socket server.

And I've also tested it in Vista already.

The main problem with Vista is going to be that even if you are logged
on as administrator, applications are generally run without
administrator rights.  This causes lots of problems, for instance you
can only install a service as an administrator, access the HLM keys ad
admin, etc.

There is a right menu option to run a program as an administrator, but
then you can not pass command arguments.  You can set the properties on
a short cut to run as administrator, but you don't want to do that for
install programs.  So installing services is going to be fun under
Vista.  You can also supposedly set a manifest to run as admin, but it
does not seem to work, nor do numerous Control Panel applets which lack
admin rights, but Vista is still an early beta, many things are still
broken.

Angus