Some time ago I made some tests using next icshttpserver changes to provide gzip compression.

Because I use the free ZLibEx unit in my projects

uses
{$IFDEF USE_ZLIB}
//    dZLib, zDeflate, ZLibh,
 ZLibEx,
{$ENDIF}

Commented all the other code inside {$IFDEF USE_ZLIB} {$ENDIF} blocks
and replaced the two inside procedure AnswerStream to

{$IFDEF USE_ZLIB}
var
// Count : Integer;
 FZDocStream: TMemoryStream;
{$ENDIF}
begin
{$IFDEF USE_ZLIB}
   if (Pos('gzip', FRequestAcceptEncoding) > 0) then
   begin
     PutStringInSendBuffer('Content-Encoding: gzip' + #13#10);
     FZDocStream := TMemoryStream.Create;
ZcompressStream2(FDocStream, FZDocStream, zcDefault, 31, 9, zsDefault);
     FDocStream.free;
     FDocStream := FZDocStream;
   end;
{$ENDIF}
end;

And seems to work just fine.

Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd wrote:
Does anyone know who added the unfinished ZLIB code to provide
deflated replies in the web server component?

I don't know.

Are they going to
finish it, or do we need to start again?

I don't think this work will be continued by anybody else but the
guy who asked ;-) This code exists unchanged since I first used the HTTP server component in one of my projects a couple of years ago.