BCT would work for me, but I am not a BC resident so it is definitely an 
"outsider's opinion". 
 
 
 
 
 PCT seems odd because I expect it to mean three words, not "Pacific Time". I 
don't care so much about alleged conflicts with non time cone PCTs. If someone 
writes a time followed by PCT one can derive that they mean the zone by 
context. 
 
 
 
 
 I do not think "estimated" or  another meaning when I see EST. 
 
 
 
 
 Most end users will see whatever the downstream decides to show. 
 
 
 
 
 On September 22, 2026, at 18:23, Brian Inglis via tz < [email protected] > wrote: 
 
 
 
 
 PCT is common for PerCenT(age); Pacific means something else to those not in 
it in Canada, or everyone in the USA, and elsewhere; and is already heavily 
overused: 
 
 
 
 
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCT 
 
 
 
 
 What is their problem with simple unambiguous BC Time; ditto AB Time aka CST 
as in SK all year; MB Time; until the situation settles further east?

Reply via email to