> On 24 Sep 2026, at 05:00, Doug Ewell via tz <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Guy Harris wrote:
> 
>>> Officially it's short for just "Pacific Time",
>> 
>> But not *shortest* for Pacific Time, which would be just PT, but I
>> guess that could be interpreted as "Pacific Time as adjusted for
>> daylight saving time" (I think two-letter abbreviations have been
>> used in in print in the US, for example a TV show starting at "9 ET,
>> 8 CT").
> 
> I use these two-letter abbreviations all the time when specifying standard 
> vs. daylight is unnecessary or irrelevant, such as when talking about today 
> or tomorrow.

Yep.   It reminds me that a manager I once had scheduled a meeting for 9am PST. 
  We checked, did she really mean PST as the meeting was actually going to be 
just after the clocks changed.   Yes, Pacific Standard Time, she insisted.   
We, in the UK, dutifully turned up at  9am PST -- an hour early.  She still 
insisted that "PST" the the year-round timezone.  Sheesh.

jch

> 
> --
> Doug Ewell, CC, ALB | Lakewood, CO, US | ewellic.org
> 
> 

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Message signed with OpenPGP

Reply via email to