> I think the principle in avoiding “xDT” (for any ‘x’) to refer to a time zone > observed 12 months a year is that “daylight saving time” is conceptually a > deviation from “standard time.” Even if that deviation is observed twice as > long as standard time, it is still a deviation.
This argument makes sense, but puts conceptual consistency ahead of what's much more likely, I think, to be what people think of. I guarantee I'll hear a lot of kicking and screaming about the use of MST when it starts showing up. It's not just that it's associated with Alberta, it's also what's used in the regions that diverge from "standard" BC time--which they will continue to do, as they're effectively moving to MDT along with Alberta (soon to be CST). > (personal rant about “permanent daylight time” deleted) After puzzling my way through the last few months, I'm ready to make the entire world operate on UTC.
