While I don't use Vmware (I use Virtual PC), it probably has the ability to
capture an .iso file and create a virtual CD device from it (the file looks
like a CD and is able to boot from it).  I installed Mandrake Linux this way
onto Virtual PC and it loaded without a hitch.

I do know that Vmware has CD support from a physical device or a virtual
image, I just don't know if it (virtual image format) is .iso, their own
format, or both.  So - basically I'm guessing it matches the Virtual PC
feature and is worth looking into.

HTH.

Regards,

Jim