On 12/9/05, Peter Gonzalez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> SOX SUCKS! (we have tee shirts with 'SOX SUCKS' on the front)
>
> Our productivity has gone way down. If there is a problem here is what we
> have to do now. And there are plenty of internal and external auditors to
> make sure we do the following.
>
> 1. Create a request to modify.
> 2. Copy the records from LIVE to DEVEL.
> 3. Debug the process.
> 4. Mod the program and correct the data records.
> 5. Create a user approval form.
> 6. Have the user sign off.
> 7. Have the IT manager sign off.
> 8. Notify the manager of programmers of the change
> 9. The manager of programmers notifies the system admin.
> 10. The system admin then moves the programs and (or) the corrected data
> records.
> 11. The system admin then notifies the IT staff of the move.
> 12. The programmer then notifies the user.
>
> Documentations includes screen shoots of all changes, programs, DICT, screens
> and records.  The average doc package is about 8 pages.

<snip>

Goodness! How long does it take to get something accomplished with
these steps? Our problem is that our sysadmin doesn't understand how
our Unidata environment works so getting him to move programs from DEV
to PROD would be next to impossible, IMHO. :)

Although, these seem like very nice steps to satisfy most if not all
of SOX requirements.

--
The Linux philosophy is 'Laugh in the face of danger'.
Oops. Wrong One. 'Do it yourself'. Yes, that's it.