Since when has anything on windows been long term :-)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray Methvin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 12:25 PM
Subject: [U2] UniObjects for .NET - Reference / Experience / Advice

I received the following inquiry from an end user and would like to get
the group's feedback.  The site is installing a new SQL based case
management system and is wanting to "bridge" between the SQL application
and an existing UniVerse application.

At this point we are exploring the use of UniObjects as an interfacing
mechanism to keep our UniVerse data in synchronization with an external
data source. I wonder if any of you could possibly help with a reference
- a project you are aware of, at a customer site that would be willing
to talk with us about their experience with the UniObjects for .NET SDK.

I am looking for a technical or an IT project manager type of contact -
someone who could describe real-world pitfalls and gotchas of using
UniObjects as middleware running in a Windows Service, or in an ASP.Net
application (either UI or Web Service), with an objective to getting a
sense of the level of maturity and reliability and most importantly
limitations, as we are hoping to leverage this technology for a
long-term strategy.

Thanks again for any help.

Ray