gerry-u2ug wrote:
> Getting away from styling controls using the designer is a must

Defiantly - Personally I think it is very important that you have a very good
understanding of html/xhtml and css if you are going to do asp.net programming,
sure you can get away with using asp.net controls and doing very little html
but this will bite you in the end.

> In my experience, doing initial site testing using the latest version of
> firefox is a good way to get a site looking pretty good in most browsers.
> Developing with internet explorer as your only test browser is a really bad
> idea.

Absolutely - plus download firebug so you can inspect those errant parts on the
page and see exactly what the css hierarchy is that is being used etc.

Rgds
Symeon.