Henry

That is a really really bad idea.

Each UniVerse keeps its lock table in memory, used to coordinate access at
the group level whilst reading and writing as well as the record lock
handling. As soon as you access a file on another system without
coordinating with the remote lock table, you are just begging for database
corruption.

If you are going to do this there is a product called uvNet that coordinates
the activity on both ends. Or make up a uniobjects connection from your dev
box and copy across that. Or open the remote box as an ODBC source. Or write
a simple middleware pipe. But you must must ensure that the write is done by
the remote universe, not by your universe against a share.

Brian