You will get different error messages depending on what you are doing.

When I've LISTed a file with a blink error, I only get the error
message: "Internal data error."

When I COUNT the same file, I get a more specific error message:

COUNT ABC.FILE
  File '/a/b/ABC.FILE':
  Computed blink of 0xEDC62948 does not match expected blink of 0x5F664000!
  Detected within group starting at address 0x5F664000!
  Internal data error.

Depending on where the error is, a LIST or SELECT will work until it
hits the bad spot.

As far as I know, blink errors are  not fixable.  We solved that
problem by suspending UniVerse during out nightly copy.

Louie Bergsagel
North Coast Electric
Seattle