As I mentioned in CDP, this has nothing to do with D3 but it's
always fun to blame D3 for whatever ails ya.  David is using the
%functions from BASIC which are wrappers around raw C functions.
The limitations of these functions are that of the OS, not the
DBMS wrappers.  A quick Google for "fopen 2gb" will show tons of
postings on this topic from non-MV developers.  My posting to CDP
also asked about the main reason for taking this technical
approach so that someone can provide a better approach to solving
the problem, but the last time I asked "why" here I lost a bit of
my backside.  I've also posted a note on David's behalf to the
TigerLogic D3 Linux forum to ask if the %functions allow for a
complete passthru to the OS.  If so then he may be able to make
use of 64bit (or Long) functions that are available to C
developers but not in the current D3 documentation.

Tony Gravagno
Nebula Research and Development
TG@ remove.pleaseNebula-RnD.com