Yes .. trying to read in a os level file that is gt 2 gig.  and yes %fopen
   fails

   SB> I am not sure what you mean when you say "...D3 can only access files
   2gig

   SB> and smaller?"

   SB> Certainly, there is no 2gb limit on D3 files themselves (I have many

   SB> instances of D3 files with modulos in excess of 1 million). Are you
   saying

   SB> that you can't read native OS files from inside D3 when those file(s)
   are

   SB> greater than 2gb?  I would not suggest trying to read an entire large
   file

   SB> into D3 this way. Have you tried the %open, %read functions to read and

   SB> process the file in reasonably sized chunks, say 10K at a time?  You can
   use

   --

   DSig                                 `````

   David Tod Sigafoos                  ( O O )

   "When buying & selling are controlled by legislation, the first thing to be
   bought & sold are the legislators" - P.J. O'Rourke