MP> I'm not quite sure why I would want to read/write a sequential file over
   2Gb

   MP> but, given that this originated as a D3 comment and has found its way on

   MP> the U2 site, let me just add that QM can handle sequential files over
   2Gb.

   I guess the reason is that I need the data from the file.  It is good to
   hear that QM can handle a file of this size.

   MP> Also remember that at the operating system level, 64 bit file addressing

   MP>  does not require a 64 bit architecture, just use of long long int
   variables

   MP> or, in some cases, a pair of 32 bit variables.

   Working from the D3 environment I was just trying to use what tools they
   have.  I am surprised that they don't have and are not talking about a 64bit
   version but that's cool if that is the direction they are taking.

   The reason to ask here is that I was wondering if IBM had an alternate path.