From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Brian Leach
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 6:30 PM
To: 'U2 Users List'
Subject: Re: [U2] Code 128 Soft Font

> So $199 for Windows 7 Pro, plus $100 for the $100 for the software.

'Cmon, are you seriously saying you don't have any old windows boxes
lying
around your organization?

I can't speak for PrintWizard, but mvPDF will run happily on an old
Win2000
box.

Like PW it's written in Delphi, it is lightning-fast and offers a
serious
set of tools for document production, ranging from a full Basic API for
real-time drawing and rendering (useful if you want to control layouts
precisely) through document capture, merge forms with the usual support
for
barcodes, images and graphics, PCL import with Epson format barcode
escapes.. document encryption and digital signing .. direct print
output..
oh, and a fully featured banded report designer, page designer, report
mining and graphical zone editing to allow you to reformat existing
reports
without redeveloping them...

Which is way overkill if you just want to print barcodes <grin>

And no, there are NO plans to run under Linux (even using Kylix or
FreePascal). The printer architecture is just too weak and patchy (said
in
sorrow, I've been a fan of Linux since Slackware 2.0). You could
possibly
thoroughly test and warrant with a very limited number of printer
models,
but only Windows realistically gives you a sense of confidence across
all
printer manufacturers and types.

Brian

###########################################################################################
The information transmitted in this message and attachments (if any) is
intended only
for the person or entity to which it is addressed. The message may contain
confidential
and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of
or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error,
please

The intended recipient of this e-mail may only use, reproduce, disclose or
distribute
the information contained in this e-mail and any attached files with the
permission of IMB.