Make sure there is not an index on that file being updated with a key >
255 characters.

Perry

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Chris Austin
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 8:19 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] problem - Attempted WRITE with record ID larger than
file/table maximum

We encountered a problem during our nightly batch processing last night
and it pertains to a specific
record/key. The error that we received in our log is as follows:

--
Program "LFBDOPOS": Line 337, Attempted WRITE with record ID larger than
file/table maximum
Attempted WRITE with record ID larger than file/table maximum
record ID size of 255 characters.
--

I checked our MAXKEYSIZE in UniAdmin and it's set to 255.

I guess my question is why is it saying the ID/primary key is too large
if it should be -> 15500*60431*EJK ?

Also, what do we do to fix this? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Chris

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any
attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. ZirMed, Inc. has strict policies regarding the
content of e-mail communications, specifically Protected Health
Information, any communications containing such material will
be returned to the originating party with such advisement
noted. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the