I believe that is the problem, the key for record '15500*60431*EJK' must have
more than 255 characters. Is there
a way to check the # of characters on a key from a telnet prompt? I'm confused
why the key would
be so big? There must be 'historical encoding of record locks' or something
behind the scenes being stored.

Basically it's a record we have in table #1 that we are writing to table #2.
Would there be anything to check
on the record? Thanks.