I do think Bill's issues may be legit, but he is not responding like someone
who contacted the vendor and attempted to resolve the issue. He speaks like
someone that saw some issues and considered them egregious but did not
follow up to see if the problems were a black swan or white one just assumed
the whole technology was problematic without investigation / speaking to the
experts.

If Bill wants to prove my assumption wrong by saying 'I contacted this
person by email and this one by phone # and after a hour conversation or 6
emails no resolution occurred' I would feel like he really tried to see
whether his issues are typical or edge case.

I do think in an ideal world we never should have to contact vendors it
should all just work, but the windows software 'stack' lends itself to lots
of side effects that specific vendors will have seen with their software. I
had a Postcript printer card that corrupted my hard disk (very bizarre side
effect) and windows search scanning a constantly churning XML file on iTunes
brought my 64-bit 16 gig of RAM quad core desktop to it's knees so yeah
windows software stack things can get really ugly in certain combinations.

We have a pretty complex millions of rows transfer/Import/Data Warehouse we
are/were considering Bluefinity for and my co-wroker Angela and me and our
U2 genius all worked with them in a pre-sales situation and they helped us
explained many options and got a HUGE IMPORT working that showed they could
handle very high volume and presented us with a few ways and scenarios their
customers work with large data to give us some other options for our complex
data warehouse loading scenarios. They do seem to know their product, have
some successful customers and are excited to help make things work if given
the data that things are not working whereas I have met with many vendors
that just don't care.

But that being said maybe Bill did contact people at Bluefinity and have bad
experiences and just is not telling us and has a legit gripe because their
tech support dropped the ball, but I don't think he has told us enough to
come to the conclusion he tried and we ain't psychic either. Telling is what
bad experience he had with their tech support in more concrete terms would
make me feel like he did due diligence if I had to take sides then we could
feel like Bluefinity let him down when he gave them some data about what
does not work if he gives us some info about his contact with them.