OK.  Turned out to be a really easy fix.  I added the two DLLs to the
dependency table while making the deployment package.  Seems obvious now,
except I swear they were never there before.  This app has been in use for
years and I have modified it a dozen times.  This never came up before.  I
think I'll go home now and get my sanity back by watching a David Lynch
movie.

Thanks to everyone.

>When loading a dependent dll, the loader also tries to load all
statically linked dependent dlls of the dependent dll.  What could be
>happening is that either the unioledb.dll or uniobjects.dll that you are
linking to is a different version, and expects to link to a >different
unirpc32.dll.  If you have visual studio 6, there is a tool called
depends.exe which shows a list of the dependencies as a >tree view.  You
could load your dll and see what the problem is.  And you are right, you
want to start with your dll.

Good luck!
Charles Shaffer
Senior Analyst