On 15/03/2011 20:04, "fft2...@aol.com" <fft2...@aol.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 3/15/2011 5:10:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> br...@brianleach.co.uk writes:
>

>> Plus of course, since we don't charge
>> fees, we don't have any budget to advertise our presence!
>
> Why isn't Rocket themselves giving a budget?

A big part of the reason is that the user group is not a properly
constituted organisation in the sense of being a corporation or other legal
entity that can hold money.  Whilst incorporation has been a topic over the
years there are difficulties within it, not least where to incorporate and
the problems inherent in being an international group.

So don't blame Rocket for not providing a budget, if they provided money we
don't have the ability to accept it.

George Land
U2 User Group Board Member