In a message dated 3/16/2011 1:10:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
george.l...@aptsolutions.net writes:

> Firstly the overwhelming majority of U2 end user sites do not have
> technical
> staff, even if they have an IT department that department knows nothing
> about U2 whatsoever.  They run an application, they may manage the server
> it
> is on (although increasingly they will have it hosted and won't even do
> that) but they know nothing about the database or technology. >>

George I'm solely referring to those sites, who have actual U2
professionals on staff.  I've worked many many places where other programmer
analysts
did not subscribe to Spectrum, had never attended a Spectrum show, had never
taken a formal class, had never read the U2 (or comp.databases.pick) threads,
etc etc etc.

Many.  In fact usually I'm the most well-connected person on staff (by
far), and I don't even have my fingers in every pie... yet.