Since I'm mentioned here... As Bill's vendor and support provider
for mv.NET I feel bad when underlying technologies fail.
Metaphorically speaking, the auto mechanic can't fix potholes,
only help to improve the shock absorbers to make the bumps less
painful.  As Bill's friend, we frequently discuss the issues of
multi-tier development and I get as frustrated as he does.

With UO.NET, exceptions are sometimes thrown which log errors
with no detail.  The exception is not passed up to the client.
The net result is that "something" has failed, we don't know what
it was, we don't have any way to control it, and we don't know if
it has adversely affected our transaction processing.  It "looks"
like everything is OK, except for these mysterious logs.

Symeon posted some great info here many months ago about setting
tracking info for UO.NET in web.config.  I passed that to Bill a
while back but haven't heard back.  In line with Bill's comments,
error tracking like this is just another tier of time consuming
aggravation.  The burden of debugging issues like this is shared
amongst many people, including those who don't know and should
not have to know about the underlying technologies.

When UO/UO.NET works, it's great.  But frankly, over the long
term, UO/UO.NET has been a chronic source of low-level pain, and
it's Extremely difficult to get anyone to help diagnose or remedy
related issues.  Developers and end-users are left to scratch
their heads for months wondering how to diagnose the black box.
It would really be nice for Rocket to step up with a UO Trauma
Center to quickly diagnose and resolve chronic, nagging
communications issues.  As Bill's mv.NET vendor I can't continue
to spend hours trying to debug UO potholes - I have no code and
can't interpret logs.  Bill shouldn't have to do that either.
The people with the code should be supporting that component.

Regards,