Brian and Symeon, since mv.NET is wrapping UO.NET, the issues you
mention don't apply:
- Bill isn't managing the UO.NET API calls, so he has no control
over them.
- Once the connection is established, only one client process has
access to any given server connection.  Therefore, no
multi-threading.
- mv.NET actually does interface through a BASIC call as
described.

Regarding large items, I'm not sure what's happening at that
level but I believe it's handled properly.

I would comment that a return value should not cause a component
like UONET.DLL to log a vague error without throwing an
exception, and that if this is a recognized issue that it should
have been addressed a long time ago. If there are function calls
that are known to be flaky outside of subroutine calls, I would
also hope that these have been documented and passed to RS for
resolution.

The next step in the diagnostic for anyone with these mystery
logs would be to put Symeon's trace flags into web.config.  That
information can then be sent to RS for comment.