From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Tony Gravagno
Sent: 16 January 2012 18:50
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] Brilliant? or not?

> From: Charles_Shaffer
> Aside from it not being readable, compacting C code like that can
> reduce portability.  Different compilers may evaluate complex,
> compacted code differently.

Same thing has actually happened with BASIC code that's ported from one
platform to another.

Rule of thumb: Don't get cute. Spell out the code so that any dumb compiler
or programmer can read it.

On-topic: that makes my response to this thread, "not".

One of our colleagues from the mid 80's wrote code that was so clean I liked
to say we could eat off of it.  I think he still reads this forum: So to
Mark Vander Veen, here we are over 20 years later and I Still appreciate
your code.  Now THAT is Brilliant.