From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of David
Wolverton
Sent: Tuesday, 17 January 2012 11:35 a.m.
To: 'U2 Users List'
Subject: [U2] UniVerse on Windows

I have a customer who is setting up a brand new user in UV on Windows --
this is a running machine, has been for years -- but the first new
employee is a long while.

This new user, when they get the Telnet log on and put in their user
name/password is NOT being asked for the path to account they want to go
into.  They are being 'dumped' into the UV account.  And then they
cannot 'log to' anywhere else.

The customer swears this new user is built just like all others -- a
Domain User with 'User Rights' on the UV Server.
Rocket tech support has said the is fix is that users HAVE to have Admin
rights in order to be prompted for the 'UniVerse account'

Something seems wrong with that answer.  I mean, I am guessing it will
fix the issue, but I hate passing out Admin rights when the real answer
is probably something else.

So -- What else might be the cause here?? (I am WAY more UD than UV, so
any idea will likely be something I have NOT tried yet!)

Thanks -
David W.

The information contained in this Internet Email message is intended
for the addressee only and may contain privileged information, but not
necessarily the official views or opinions of the New Zealand Defence Force.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or
distribute this message or the information in it.

If you have received this message in error, please Email or telephone
the sender immediately.