Usually we can still telnet into AIX.  That's how I'm running the
stopud/startud.  This errpt command is new to me but thanks to everyone for
that input; that should be very valuable.

I still wish there was some way we could do a LIST.READU from AIX without
having to login to udt, like listuser but for locks.  I don't know if an
overflowed lock table is even remotely related to the problem, but it would
be nice to be able to check it without having to get to TCL.

-K