From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Tom Whitmore
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 12:13 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] Unidata 6.1.13/AIX 5.3 Stops Unexpectedly

Hi  Doug,
We use UniVerse instead of UniData, but I understand the tools are the same.
You do not need to be on the same subnet or network, but you do need access
to the subnet/network  for the RPC port.  I have successfully connected to
external servers without a problem, you may need to use an IP address rather
than the host name but that depends on how you have things configured.

I would strongly recommend that you use a VPN or a gateway to access your
server, this keeps your sever and network secure.  I think using VPN is
easier to use with the admin tools than setting up a gateway.

Tom Whitmore
RATEX Business Solutions