On 07/02/2013 20:46, Jon Wells wrote:
What I'm wondering is; what can I put into the 'Xxx what to do if locked'
section whereby it waits until the record lock clears, once it clears, set my
own lock, read the record, alter the record, and then write the record (which
would release my lock)?

Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that was exactly what READU did!

If you don't provide a LOCKED clause, READU will "hang" and wait until the lock clears, then read and lock the record.

As I say, check the docu and make sure I'm right ... I've never had to bother much with locks ...

Cheers,
Wol

Thank you,

Jon Wells