It would have to be a 64bit file, there are no exceptions as this is a
limitation brought on by the size of a number. (I think a couple of
earlier posters had the numbers involved) therefore you literally cannot
create a file larger than 2Gb with 32 bit addressing.

We have a substantial number of files over 2Gb and haven't had any issue
with converting to or using 64bit files. If you expect a file to be >
2Gb then just

CREATE.FILE FILE.NAME type modulo separation OTHER.PARAMS 64BIT

or if it is an existing file

RESIZE FILE.NAME new.type new.module new.separation 64BIT

will convert it in a trice (or two).

Regards

David Logan
Database Administrator