At 07:46 PM 2/22/2004, you wrote:
I have had clients that have taken the "cheap" way out only to pay more when
they needed it. Not to mention the cost of time lost.

Another point mentioning is that if you go off support, you are no longer entitled to any upgrades. You are then typically locked into that version of the OS as well. Eventually the OS will no longer be supported and you are playing with fire then.

The only way to get back on support to receive upgrades is to rebuy your license. That is unless IBM had some type of amnesty program going on. (They do now but I bet this won't be forever)

This is often the biggest part of "support" that is overlooked.

Doug Miller [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager of Technical Services
Strategy 7 Dallas TX