I can't say if MV is slow or inefficient as far as database handling
compared to various relational DBMS environments.  Since the tests
themselves (TPC, etc) are biased because they themselves are defined based
on relational constructs, I suspect we'll never get real numbers that we can
all agree on.

Aside from that you're way off.  Stating that UV people "use PICK" and that
UV is not supported by SAP or Peoplesoft tells me you aren't very familiar
with this technology.  Saying MV is slow and then advocating a translation
to Java tells me you aren't too familiar with Java either.  Saying Pick
doesn't support "advanced level computing" is simply wrong, and so are a
couple of your other claims.  But I think we understand and can agree with
your point that MV isn't "mainstream".

Pick-based DBMS products are very capable with regard to communications.  We
can connect an MV app to anything.  Connectivity methods aren't always
mainstream but the claims of "little/NO support" and "not compatible" are
incorrect.  Non-MV products incorporate tools that we can use just as
easily.  Remember that programming and connectivity are not natively done
within most other DBMS environments, they use outside tools to connect into
a DBMS too.  So in a sense, because we have tools inside and outside of our
environments, we have a bit more to work with than they do - that is, BASIC
can be considered a built-on RAD language compared to the inadequacies of
stored procedures.

It's counter-productive to get into one-upmanship against relational
products and other staples of the IT world, so I'll just close by saying all
of these products are as good as the skills of the people using them.  Here
at Nebula R&D we'll be happy to help you connect your app to anything you
want, including SAP, Peoplesoft, DB2, or whatever else you or your trading
partners use.

Tony