Hi Joe

I have worked with variety of databases and I think using one
performance statistic to evaluate the capabilities of one database
against another is meaningless.  As a professional I consider all
databases for any business requirement and select on their merits.  To
discount MV products from that list would be unproffesional and
negligent.  There are numerous cases where Universe has clobbered RDBMS
in the real world and a cost per transaction it is very strong.

If you take an Oracle style application and run it on Universe, Oracle
will probaly run better.  If you take a typical Universe Application and
run it on another RDBMS, Universe will most likely run better.  The
style of application can impact on speed, different databases are built
for different styles of applications and a number of applications built
in the PICK world do not transfer to RDBMS to the surprise of many a
sacked CEO.

I have used Universe to integrate with a significant number of other
databases and applications and have generated award winning software.
The most critical requirement for any is bussiness is to have a solution
that is reliable, creates an ROI and is on schedule in development which
is the norm in the Universe world.

All I ask is to keep an open mind as PICK plays an important role in
some areas of technology that cannot be replaced.

Regards

David Jordan