>>  So, shockwave is fine, Java
>> Web Start is fine and anything else that could be installed by users
going
>> to this web page and "clicking here" and that is maintained something
like
>> Adobe pdf readers would be fine.

In case you haven't seen the next version of .NET yet, Visual Studio 2005
has a "Click Once" feature that is exactly this.  The "zero touch
deployment" or "xcopy" stuff that started with the first release of .NET was
like the first version of Windows, the start of an idea that wasn't really
too far along.  The next version improves quite a bit on this beginning.
Actually, you have options to start from a web 'click', install a link to
the desktop/start menu, etc..  It automatically checks/downloads a newer
version (or runs locally if no connection to the server).  I'm sure there
are still going to be some issues (dealing with unmanaged code comes to
mind) but, it should work very well with UniObjects.NET (when it gets here).

Regards,

Jim