I attended a VMWare symposium sponsored by IBM, Novell and a local
(quite large) consulting/programming/implementation firm. The
representative from Novell stated they would be completely off M$
products by the end of the year with nearly all desktops using Suse
Linux and OpenOffice.org for their office suite. Apparently Novell has
purchased Suse, or at least a 'port' of Suse. Also, he stated that all
of Novell's commercial products would continue to run on Windows,
because of client demand, however their main focus would be in
writing/rewriting everything to run on Linux. That project was to have
been completed by last week, with announcements coming soon. Since I'm
not even remotely involved with Novell products, I haven't kept tabs on
that portion of the project.

The IBM reps stated they they are also moving off M$ products.

Just my 2 '.01's (insert appropriate currency marker)

Karl

Karl L. Pearson
Director of IT,
ATS Industrial Supply