Hi Folks,

I'm seeing a strange widespread issue on my network so I thought I'd run
it by the group.  We had an AC1 server that was decommissioned several
months ago when we moved to AC2.  AC2 is up and working fine in a
totally different subnet in a totally different physical location - no
issue with that.  However, we have multiple (a couple hundred?) radios
on 5.6.x and even 6.0 that are periodically sending syn packets to TCP
port 9080 on the old server's IP address.  I've grepped the config files
on a few of these radios and can't find anything referencing the IP or
host name of the old server.  This behavior persists through reboots and
firmware upgrades.

So far, looking at packet captures, I haven't been able to see any
pattern that would indicate that these syn packets are in response to
inbound traffic, but I could be missing something obvious since there's
quite a bit of customer traffic to sift through and aside from a
source/dest IP pair I'm not sure what to look for.

Anyone ever seen a similar issue or know of a phone-home setting I'm
missing?

Thanks,

Tim Densmore