Hello Ubuntu Artwork team,

I joined this list in an effort to avoid a few visual mistakes that I
think are very important in the overall look-and-feel of the upcoming
Dapper Drake.

The first of this mistakes is the use of the white desktop icon. I
commented on a bug report about it and I'm doing it here also as
instructed in the bug page.

This icon looks very unpolished and unprofessional, the white paper
sheet on the icon and the default color make that icon look quite
unpleasing and dissonant with the rest of the desktop.

Another problem is the hard drive icons, they are in a different
perspective from the floppy and CD-ROM icons. I think in this case
Tangerine's hard drive icons are better. I think also that Tangerine's
desktop icon is much better than the white one. It's stylish, simple and
solid.

Also, inside Evolution, in particular on the mail composing window
toolbar, there are two icons that are not yet in the new theme. These
are the Send and Attachment icons. They really look out of place since
they're among the first three icons of the toolbar.

There's also a problem with the Save and Undo/Redo icons, they seem to
have been resized from smaller non-vectorial versions on the same
Evolution e-mail composing window. This is the ugliest toolbar I've seen
so far on my Dapper desktop.

When using pure Tangerine the appearance of the Desktop really gets a
lift, it seems the removal of the Human-specific icons and the
replacement by the somewhat larger and more solid Tangerine ones provide
a better visual experience.

I hope this critique to be as constructive as possible, and pushes the
Human icon design team to create better quality icons. If that happens
not to be the case by the time of the release I hope Human grabs more
from Tangerine for a better visual experience.

Thank you very much for your titanic efforts. Thanks to you Ubuntu
continues to be the best distribution out there. We owe you a lot.

--
Jean Pierre Rupp
Xeno-Genesis [www.xeno-genesis.com]

* E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]