On Jul 5, 2006, at 6:54 PM, Chuck Huber wrote:

Images such as Michiel's scale so well partially because they don't
contain anything that would give reference to the original image
dimensions or aspect ratio. Michiel, do you intend to put a logo or any
other branding on the finished wallpaper?

Chuck

No, not really. I would prefer to do it without any logo, because as you say, you can get away with improperly scaling an image like it is now, but you can't get away with it when there's a logo on it. But I don't know what other rationale for inclusion of a logo could be. Maybe to make it more Ubuntu-specific? I'd surely prefer to go without it, though.

Here are links to larger versions:

http://thingmajig.org/tmp/abstract1.png
http://thingmajig.org/tmp/abstract1b.png (different color scheme)

Michiel Sikma