I do like those diagnol gradients quite a bit. I would like to hack aurora
to add that feature but I've never really delved that deep into C. Here is
another gtkrc I did, this time incorporating the moomex pixmap theme into
Aurora.

http://www.milkstreetmedia.com/misc/morerubber.png

I changed the pixmaps to a more rubberized look to match the scroll bar. I
believe the original moomex was an attempt at a vista-ish look. I however
don't want to copy vista, OSX or any other os. I want something original
too. I'm working on themes and not mockups though, so I'm limited in what I
have to work with to achieve my goals. Its obvious I'm going to have to
learn how to tweak the code of the engines to get the effects I'm after. The
scrollbar of my current theme has a bug where it is outlined in black. I
need to hack the engine code to allow it to use a different color for the
scrollbar. (Much like how Clearlooks allows you to colorize the scrollbars).
That seems to me like it'll be a rather simple tweak, and a good place to
start. If I can figure out how to do that little tweak I'll then try to hack
on it some more to gets those diagonal gradient buttons, and maybe a
different effect for selected tabs.

I know a lil' C, but are there any tutorials specifically about programming
GTK engines? That would help me greatly.

Corey