2008/4/30 François Degrave [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> What I'd like is *to replace *this mailing list by a forum. In fact we
> use this list the same way we would use a forum: we have discussions, we
> propose ideas (which are often images). And many of us complain about
> the fact that we lose track of hundreds of ideas because *once a mail is
> read, it's forgotten by the majority*.
>
> A forum is just more adapted for what we try to do.
>
> --
that ML have an advantage over forums: they are more readily available than
forums. Some people follow list from their jobs using e-mail, and maybe some
people don't have web access at all from their jobs. Also, most people on
the Art Team are used to it.
But I have to say that, for the kind of work being done, even the ML looks
like unnecessary.
If you have something to show, put it on the wiki, and just provide a link
to it for everybody else to see (if they already don't check the wiki
often.)
If you *really* want to know whats going on, attend the IRC meetings.
Sadly, most of what you can read at this list are arguments or well
intentioned comments. Sometimes some words of encouragement, but rarely
something that really leads to significant progress.